Here’s some non-commercial software that I’ve written or collaborated on with former students.
I’m a fan of David Allen’s Getting Things Done approach to personal productivity. OmniFocus is the big gun in my GTD arsenal. That was true even before I joined the OmniFocus development team at Omni.
These scripts automate some common tasks in OmniFocus for Mac.
- Populate Template Placeholders — create copies of common projects customized by client, destination, or whatever you choose
- Complete and Await Reply — celebrate progress; trust but verify
- Fix Pending Project’s Review Dates — don’t panic
- Verify Next Actions Exist — make sure you know the first step of your journey
- Export View to OmniOutliner — share your perspective without sharing everything
PyLighter is a program that simply highlights the lines of Python source files as they are used by running code, in real time and at full speed.
I have some other software available on github. That’s where my more technical projects end up, along with those not quite ready for prime time. Head over there to take a look.