Complications in watchOS3
This week I re-wrote one class three times while battling buggy first-party API. I’d estimated the feature I was working on at 8 hours. I spent 4 days. Half of one of those days was simply trying to get test hardware working again.
I’m taking a much needed vacation day today, but I smelled a new personal record, so did a little work this morning.
What’s the record? Seven radars against a single API end point:
- rdar:///28066560 — CLKTextProvider should have a mechanism for generating formatted, localizable string pairs
- rdar:///28137645 — Can put entire Watch into reboot loop via complication’s text provider
- rdar:///28138051 — Localized text providers don’t work for actual complications
- rdar:///28138313 — CLKTextProvider.localizableTextProvider(withStringsFileFormatKey:, textProviders:) API doesn’t work
- rdar:///28138447 — Documentation for localized text providers should mention limitations
- rdar:///28138655 — Watch simulator produces empty complications gallery
- rdar:///28138766 — Watch simulator produces complications gallery for wrong app
And the documentation for all of this — the first link under Resources here — disappeared yesterday. It’s a 404 now.